Dates: January 16 – 21, 2011
- TFS guide for Subversion Users – I thought this was a pretty useful guide and gave me a couple of quick hits.
- Microsoft Mathematics 4.0 – What a great calculator with so much more!!! Better yet, it is free for download.
- TED Talk – Tony Robbins (Why we do what we do) – Even though this talk is a little old, it hit home for me on how I should be doing certain things in life.
- Understanding Map Reduce – A great overview about how the map reduce pattern works. More developers should really understand this as data needs are exploding.
- Code Navigation – Quick Tip – So simple, yet so practical.
- Trades, Crafts, and Certifications – This was a thoughtful post on the continuing definition of software development and how it maps into today’s business structures.
Thirst Quencher Favorite Feeds
J.D. Meier’s Blog – This by far is one of the most thoughtful and insightful blogs in the software industry. Mr. Meier covers the hard topics in software development and design with clarity that few can do. His approach to learning, mentoring, and coaching is magnificent.